What it's doing:
1. An unhealthy rate of weight loss. I am a little worried considering I started this diet with the intention to not exercise the first week so I can focus on eating and my body doesn't go into starvation mode from all the lack of meat and dairy. Seriously now! I have lost 7 pounds in 5 days. quite unhealthy if you ask me! I am going to eat more nuts and stuff to regulate.
2. GERD no more! This is my theory (don't know how accurate): the high amount of enzymes in my food (because it's 98% RAW) reduces the amount of stomach acid in my stomach (less need for food breakdown because the enzymes are taking care of that) thus less and now no more GERD! Being the absent minded person I am, on occasion I would wolf down something high in fat without thinking (like cake or a mousse) and bam! Grrrrrross.
3. Well you can't really obsess about raw food - like having an unhealthy addiction to a particular kind. So I'm not having any strong cravings! The other good thing is that you appreciate food more. But make sure you wash your hands and wash the food and stay as organic as possible... It's RAW.
4. My diet, my rules: Raw is RAW. So what does raw mean? Literally uncooked, and I certainly hope, fresh. That means I am not a vegan! I can eat raw meat and raw fish. But considering where I live, it's hard to come by safe and fresh varieties of either. So far, I haven't had meat but look forward to it. :( . I cook be a very happy raw foodist in Japan! There is so much yummy raw food there :). (Like raw baby shrimp. Yummers!) I plan as soon as I can find some safe American Beef to slice it up with some fresh nashi and fresh garlic, negi, sea salt, and a tad of soy sauce. Itadakimaas!
5. My ham with Tofu: I will introduce Japanese tofu in 2 weeks back into the diet but only the most traditional kind. I am very disgusted with all the whoring tofu does in america. Simply because it can take various textures it's been abused to serve lusting american palettes in such forms as "tofu burger" and "tofu cheesecake" etc. Someone save that tofu!
6. Before it's official. Yea, what you're reading, believe or not is just HYPE. that's because I've only been doing this for 4 days. Pretty pathetic huh? Well, if I can stick with this more posts of the enduring kind.
Next up on the RAW:
- Raw foods and raw meat on the human personality - A more poetic rage?
- RAW Update- good raw, bad raw
- BANANAS ROCK!!