January 05, 2009

Backpacking in Dolly Sods

Yesterday I finished up a 3 day backpacking trip in Dolly Sods, West Virginia. I don't know how much there really is to write about except for a few glitches along the way that kept contributing to the experience in a way that tied us down, the coldness of the place, and the surprising fun of it all. I think I'll post again about the trip once I get access to some pictures. Some highlights of the trip were hiking out to the campsite in the freezing snowy and windy darkness, traipsing across a frozen tundra with miniature streams hidden under the snow throughout, setting up and taking shelter in a $5 tarp, seeing tracks everywhere but no wildlife, minimal to moderate hiking trips, a brilliant fog that made visibility an issue but hearing acute, and a feast to recover at the end. Stay tuned... for the uneventful eventful Dolly Sods venture. 

In other news, I made a list of new years resolutions, hope you have too. here are some:
*Note: not in any particular order
- Start running again
- climb with a serious fervor
- read more
- write more
- get college credit
- don't smoke at all
- be a better friend
- do more outdoors trips

and that's it sooo far. 

I hear gym memberships go up this time a year due to all the new resolutions that countless Americans make....

I opt for living more fiercely, fighting for honesty and conscious reality, deliberate actions in time that speak good for others and self, and yea.... 

No comments:

dr - latest headlines